Energy Capital Economic Development – Vice President Position
October 3, 2022
Energy Capital Economic Development is looking for an energetic, dedicated and personable leader as our new Vice President. The VP will be involved in all aspects of our operations and will be instrumental as we work on several projects to strengthen, diversify and grow Campbell County’s economy.
Application Package Materials:
- Energy Capital ED Vice President Job Description
- Energy Capital ED Employment Application Form
- Energy Capital Employee Handbook
ENERGY CAPITAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW:
Energy Capital Economic Development (ECED) is the official economic development organization for Campbell County and the city of Gillette, Wyoming. We are a non-profit business (501c(6)) who’s mission is to Stimulate and facilitate a diverse economy through business retention, expansion, and recruitment. We are dedicated to building a strong and diverse economic future for Gillette and Campbell County so that our community continues to thrive. We work closely with the city, county, Wyoming Business Council, and other organizations in Campbell County and throughout the state in working to achieve our mission. We will, through our efforts, continue to have a great place to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
The Vice President for Energy Capital Economic Development is a full-time, benefited position and is responsible for working closely with the Economic Development staff, board, volunteers, city and county officials and others in promoting the business and economic development interests within Gillette and Campbell County. This position will include working with local businesses in our Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) efforts, assisting with the operations of the FUEL Business Incubator, assisting entrepreneurs who are members of our FUEL Business Incubator, fund raising, property management and much more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities. These are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exhaustive or exclusive of other duties that may be required.
- Work closely with the CEO, ECED board of directors, staff, ECED members and other stakeholders to fulfill our mission and strategic plan.
- Manage and direct the ECED Business Expansion and Retention (BRE) program.
- Assist in managing and directing the FUEL Business Incubator. Some of the duties include the following:
- Work with incubator director in assisting members, recruiting new members and operation of the facility.
- Work with and assisting entrepreneurs – meet with them individually and with mentors
- Participate on the steering committee
- Property management of ECED owned facilities
- Assist in fund raising for the organization
- Develop and sustain quality, trusting relationships with the leadership of prospective companies, government officials, local, state, and national
- Lead various committees, projects, task forces and events
- Engage in community outreach through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, email, video chat, conference attendance, event participation, and social media.
- Willing to grow and learn about our community, our region, Wyoming, and be an ambassador for Gillette, Campbell County and Wyoming.
- Additional skills and abilities in the following areas is beneficial and a plus
- Assist with IT integration, support, and upgrades
- Social media skills – update social media pages with relevant and current information
- Project Management of various ECED projects
- Grant writing and administration
- Develop, manage, and assist with various events throughout the year
- Ensure tenants have a positive, professional, and safe work environment by assisting CEO to oversee building operations, property management, and IT
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economic development, or other relevant area of study from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in business, economic development, or related
- Proficient in knowledge in business planning and promotion, market analysis and financial
- Strong social media skills
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Ability to raise funds for the organization, recruiting members or similar efforts preferred.
- Marketing knowledge and experience preferred
- Ability to gather large amounts of data, analyze, evaluate, and disseminate in a succinct and effective manner. Demonstrated reporting, data analysis and research
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to build and sustain relationships with industry executives, community, business, and political leaders.
- Creative and strategic-thinking
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, network administration preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate statewide and occasional national travel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and abilities, consistent with the scope of the job. Vacation, sick leave, retirement, and health coverage provided.
To apply, please send all application materials to:
Position is open until filled
Energy Capital Economic Development Information:
- Web: https://www.energycapitaled.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EnergyCapitalEconomicDevelopment
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/9393672/admin/