Campbell County School District serves about 8,750 students in 24 schools. The district covers 4,761 square miles of northeast Wyoming and comprises 17 elementary schools, 2 junior high schools, 3 high schools, one junior/senior high school and one virtual school.
The district employs approximately 1,800 full- and part-time staff and has an average student/teacher ratio of 18:1. Campbell County School District is fully accredited by the Wyoming State Department of Education, and all schools are North Central Association certified.
CCSD #1 teachers are involved in a districtwide collaborative process in developing aligned curriculum for all nine of the Wyoming Content Standards. This includes prioritizing the content standards, implementing and validating the aligned curriculum, determining the resources used in support of the curriculum, developing common assessments, and analyzing impact and student achievement data for the evaluation of district curriculum. CCSD attempts to align with the state standard revision schedule in conducting curriculum reviews for every grade level in each content area once every nine years.
Campbell County School District supports a wide area network with more than 10,000 devices that connect to administrative and learning systems. The district is dedicated to supporting teachers and students in blended learning environments focused on anywhere, anytime, any device access to digital tools. Through its partnership with Google and adoption of Google Apps for Education, students and teachers use a cloud-based productivity suite that seamlessly saves work and promotes sharing and collaboration. The district has adopted the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) standards. These standards are used as a framework in guiding our district’s technology adoption and integration practices.
Campbell County School District has invested in Aquatics education for every student in the district for more than 30 years. Aquatics are a valuable part of the district physical education curriculum. Nationally known for its excellence, the Aquatic Center regularly hosts local, state and regional competitions. In addition, it has hosted various collegiate and national swimming and diving events.
The district’s Science Center-Adventurarium is a unique hands-on science center located in the Lakeway Learning Center. The Science Center is home to many unique animals, a 3D-Augmented Reality Sandbox, a phosphorescent shadow wall, as well as many other exciting science exhibits. Thousands of students and the public visit each year. The Science Center serves as an extension to district science classrooms and is also available to the public on weekdays.
The district has one of just three planetariums in the state. Thousands of students and adults from several school districts visit the CCSD Planetarium for classes and programs each year.
CCSD supports the diverse needs of its students with several specialized programs:
- Special Services provides support to students with a variety of special needs through a wide range of specialized services and educational programs.
- The GATE Program is composed of two parts, Gifted and Talented and Enrichment.
- Career and Technical Education supports Career and College Readiness, integrating both CTE and core academic skills. Four Career Academies are available to students grades 9-12 focusing on student career goals and providing a “program of study” for each.
- Westwood High School offers an innovative high school program for students who are in danger of dropping out because of difficulty in a traditional high school setting.
- Ready 4 Learning is a Title I funded pre-kindergarten program for children who are four years of age on or before September 15 of that school year.
- Junior K is a kindergarten preparatory program for students who through a screening process are identified as needing additional support prior to entering kindergarten.
- Jumpstart is a summer program for children who will be attending CCSD kindergarten in the fall and is based on student need and teacher recommendation.
1000 West Eighth Street ♦ P.O. Box 3033 ♦ Gillette, Wy 82717-3033 ♦ Phone: 307-682-5171 ♦ Fax: 307-682-6619