Energy Capital Economic Development is looking for an energetic, dedicated and personable leader as our new Vice President. The Vice President will be involved in all aspects of our operations and will be instrumental as we work on several projects to strengthen, diversify and grow Campbell County’s economy.
The Vice President for Energy Capital Economic Development (ECED) is a full-time, benefited position and is responsible for working closely with the Economic Development staff, board, volunteers, city and county officials and others in promoting the business and economic development interests within Gillette and Campbell County. This position will include working with local businesses in our Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) efforts, assisting with the operations of the FUEL Business Incubator, assisting entrepreneurs who are members of our FUEL Business Incubator, fund raising, property management and much more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities. These are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exhaustive or exclusive of other duties that may be required.
• Work closely with the CEO, ECED board of directors, staff, ECED members and other stakeholders to fulfill our mission and strategic plan.
• Manage and direct the ECED Business Expansion and Retention (BRE) program. Some of the duties include the following:
• Next Generation Sector Partnership convener: The targeting of strategic business sectors and employers that provide quality, living wage jobs.
• Business outreach and surveys
• FUEL Business Incubator associate director. Some of the duties include the following:
• Work with the incubator director in assisting members, recruiting new members and operation of the facility.
• Work with and assisting entrepreneurs – meet with them individually and with mentors
• Participate on the steering committee
• Property management of ECED owned facilities
• Raise funds for the organization by meeting with business executives and owners and other potential funding support
• Grant writing and administration
• Project Management of various ECED projects
• Develop, manage, and assist with various events throughout the year
• Develop and sustain quality, trusting relationships with the leadership of prospective companies, government officials, local, state and national partners.
• Perform all other duties as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economic development, economics or other relevant area of study from an accredited college or university.
• Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in business, economic development or related field.
• Proficient in knowledge in business planning and promotion, market analysis and financial management.
• Entrepreneurial experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to raise funds for economic development or similar efforts preferred.
• Marketing experience preferred
• Ability to gather large amounts of data, analyze, evaluate and disseminate in a succinct and effective manner. Demonstrated reporting, data analysis and research skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to build and sustain relationships with industry executives, community and political leaders.
• Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, network administration preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate statewide and occasional national travel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and abilities, consistent with the scope of the job. Vacation, sick leave, retirement and health coverage provided.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and completed ECED employment application. Applications due November 7, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled during November, with selection in early December. The new Vice President of Operations for Energy Capital Economic Development will be expected to take office as soon as possible.
Application package and other information is available on our website: http://
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: phil@EnergyCapitalED.com